DR. ARSHAD MALIK
RESEARCH | LECTURE NOTES | PRESENTATIONS
Dr. Arshad M.Malik, Associate professor Surgery LUMHS, Jamshoro and a consultant General and Laparoscopic Surgeon. A graduate of LMC ,completed house job in 1986 and got first job in OMI Karachi followed by instructor Anatomy in AKUH Karachi. In 1990 Joined Civil Aviation Authority as a Medical officer and during that cleared part-1 of FCPS. He subsequently joined Liaquat Medical hospital and completed training in 1997 and passed FCPS-2 exam in general surgery in first attempt in 1997. He then joined the college as Senior registrar and after having gone through various assignments, he was taken as Assistant Professor in Surgery in 2005 which was a turning point in his career. He was given the task of research, teaching and clinical works which he took as a challenge. He is presently an author of about 29 scientific papers of which 21 papers are published in international journals. He has presented 18 podium presentations in international Conferences, including USA, Berlin, Spain, Hongkong, seoul,Bali,Vietnam, Singapore and in many other places like India,and China. His presentations are much appreciated and well taken by the Giants in this field. He has attended about 30 international conferences nationally and abroad as well. He is invited as a faculty and has chaired in one of the international conference. He has attended a training of three weeks in basic laparoscopic surgey with Dr. SG Ngoi at Gleneagles hospital who is a renowned laparoscopic Surgeon in Singapore. He also attended many workshops at international level on lapaeo-endoscopic surgery as well as observer ship twice in Ganga Ram Hospital at Delhi under supervision of Professor Chowbey and Parveen Bhatia. He is also supervisor of FCPS trainees and presently he is training three candidates in this field. He is very instrumental in organizing clinical meetings in the ward and helps post-graduate students in preparation of presentations. Presently he is involved writing three chapters in a book by a European publisher and is also designated Editor of an international book on Laparoscopic Surgery by one of the European Publisher. His main interests are to motivate fresh graduates to be involved in clinical research. He is known as a good teacher and is actively involved in clinical work including all types of surgeries. He has been awarded many shields and awards for different presentations. He has recently been invited by Canadian Association of Trauma to deliver a lecture on trauma. He is on the review board of many international journals and time to time he is reviewing scientific paper as and when sent for review.
- CHANGING SPECTRUM OF GALLSTONE DISEASE: AN EXPERIENCE OF 23 CASES LESS THAN 10 YEARS OF AGE
- LAPAROSCOPIC CHOLECYSTECTOMY IN THE ELDERLY PATIENTS. AN EXPERIENCE AT LIAQUAT UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL JAMSHORO
- OPEN MESH REPAIR OF DIFFERENT HERNIA. IS THE TECHNIQUE FREE OF COMPLICATIONS?
- FACTORS INFLUENCING MORBIDITY AND MORTALITY IN ELDERLY POPULATION UNDERGOING INGUINAL HERNIA SURGERY
- ANATOMICAL VARIATIONS AND CONGENITAL ANOMALIES OF EXTRA HEPATIC BILIARY SYSTEM ENCOUNTERED DURING LAPAROSCOPIC CHOLECYSTECTOMY
- PATTERN OF PRESENTATION AND MANAGEMENT OF CA BREAST IN DEVELOPING COUNTRIES. THERE IS A LOT TO DO
- A COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS BETWEEN NON-MESH (BASSINI’S) AND MESH (LICHTENSTEIN) REPAIR OF PRIMARY INGUINAL HERNIA
Cell: +92 333 2601 939